Wednesday, June 7, 2017

RJF ~ A Place Called Lonesome


A Place Called Lonesome



A Place Called Lonesome
Take a moment to just adore the cover. =) Isn't that beautiful?!

About the book:

All seems lost for a wounded soldier left behind on Utah beach after the Normandy invasion. As he gives up all hope for a rescue and resigns himself to never making it off the sand, a touch on his shoulder startles him.
Is it possible that help can come from a man who is his enemy? And just where are the hardest battles of the war fought?

A short story, about 3,000 words.


My review:

There is no words to describe the emotions I felt while reading this.

The beauty of every word, the love for every character, the truth of every moment.

World War 2 was a very gruesome time. Especially the battle at Normandy.

Jesseca takes a whole different direction in bring the effects of that day to light. I was in awe throughout the whole of this short story. My only regret is that it wasn't longer.

Be forewarned that the tears will flow. (It's worth it though ;))

3 comments:

  1. Aww, thank you so much for the review! I'm thrilled that you enjoyed it! *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome. You are a very talented author and I'm honored to be able to call you friend. *hugs back*

      Delete

I love hearing from my readers! Comment away, but please keep it clean. ;)