Wednesday, June 29, 2016

RJF ~ Author Interview ~ C. B. Cook


This is the last author interview for the month. *sad sigh* I'm thrilled though that C. B. Cook would agree to join us as she is in the busy progress of publishing her next book, Twinepathy, here in the next couple weeks.

So please, join me in welcoming C. B. Cook.

~
Author
For starters, how long have you been writing?

I've been writing for quite a while now, probably about three or four years working on specific projects. I wrote for a long time before I started my first real story, but before that it was mostly short stories--which I now have a huge collection of. And just in March, I finished my first full-length novel!



Is there a certain book of yours--published or not yet out for the public--that holds a special place in your heart?

Twinepathy is special, for sure, because it was something that I really wanted to write. It's the first full-length novel I've ever written, and it's about superheroes, something that I really like. I've really connected with the characters, who have been soooo much fun to write. I'm so glad I'm writing a sequel with them now.



Are there any authors that when you read their books it makes you want to write like them?

The first one that comes to mind is Ally Carter. Her Heist Society
books are impossible to put down, even on a reread! They're so much fun to read, and everyone in them is so epic. She's definitely an author who has influenced my writing a lot since I read her books.



Where do you write and what does it look like?

I write pretty much anywhere. If I'm writing a story on my computer, I write it solely at my desk, which looks like... well, a mess. :) But I bring notebooks with me everywhere and end up writing everywhere, too.



Where is the place where you get your biggest inspiration for writing? In a field, bedroom, Pinterest, etc.?

For most of my writing, it's my imagination. Most of my plots and plot twists come from making up stories in my head, and I usually end up imagining "What if this happened instead?" Then I make up the stories and, if they turn out good, I write them down.



Tell us a little bit about how you write. No words added all week, then suddenly you add several thousand, constantly writing and can’t stop, etc. How is it for you?

For me, it varies. I usually add a little at a time, although I've become fond of word wars as a way to boost my word count. On my current project, I've been working on adding at least 100 words a day--which isn't much, but it adds up.



Bonus Question: You are about to publish your second book, what is the excitement level at your house?

Heh, it's funny you'd ask. There are so many other summer things going on that it feels mostly normal. I don't think it'll sink in until the book's actually published.

~

Thank you so much, C. B.! You can follow her blog and buy Paralyzed Dreams on Amazon. Also, keep an eye out for Twinepathy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from my readers! Comment away, but please keep it clean. ;)